Monday, May 6, 2013

Galatians 6:9


As a young mother of 6 children,  I know how overwhelming the task of motherhood can be.  (Insert seemingly insurmountable chore list here.)  Actually, that is not what I'm referring to.  Not the everyday work that needs to happen to run a home - not cleaning, not cooking, not organizing, not meal planning, not even (gasp, can I say it?) LAUNDRY ---- no, not even laundry is the task I'm referring to.  The task I'm referring to is of a much higher calling, necessity and importance.  I'm talking about raising your children for eternity. 

Eternity.  

Let the weight of that word linger on your heart for a moment.

Eternity

How can I, a broken and sinful forgiven woman be equipped for such a momentous task?  Simply put I'm not, at least, not on my own.  But God is. 

It is our privilege to receive children into our home, they are truly a blessing & wondrous gift from our Father.  Along with this gift; however, comes the requirement to raise these children with eternity in mind.  It is not enough to raise "nice" kids, "smart" kids or even "courageous" kids.  No, our calling is to raise godly kids who will continue to grow into godly adults who will then be equipped to raise more godly kids!  It's not always easy, there are days and sometimes entire SEASONS of difficulty.  But we must press on with diligence toward our goal.  As I continue on this journey myself, I hope to provide encouragement for you in the process.

"And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up."

Walk with me ladies.  Let's keep our eyes focused on being Mama's - For Eternity.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts here: